Blend of two synergistic, patented ingredients that stimulate and modulate immune activity Stimulates and modulates immune function Promotes immune system cascade Optimizes NK cells, T cells and macrophages Extensively researched ingredients
Patient One NK-Immunoplex supplies Active Hexose Correlated Compound (AHCC), a proprietary mushroom extract, along with Ai/E10 Refined Lacteal Complex (from whey). This synergistic combination supports a full range of immunological activities. As immune modulators, these advanced, patented ingredients have demonstrated ability to help the body's immune system reach a state of optimized balance, supporting up-regulation or down-regulation as needed. Well absorbed because of their low molecular weights, both AHCC and Ai/E10 have been shown to elevate NK Cell activity in humans and appear to have an activation effect on T cells and macrophages.
Clinical research abstracts on a wide range of health functions made available through the US National Library of Medicine National Institutes of Health can be viewed at www.pubmed.org. [Use keywords AHCC and antimicrobial peptides (such as those contained in Ai/E10.)]
Active Hexose Correlated Compound (AHCC) is an alpha glucan-rich extract obtained from a hybridization of several subspecies of mushroom mycelia. Alpha glucans appear to have stronger immune-modulating properties than beta glucans found in other mushroom extracts.
Mushroom polysaccharides have been shown to assist in modulating immune responses while supporting immune cell activities. AHCC is a superior mushroom extract because it is water soluble and coated with a special candelilla wax to maximize bioavailability in the intestines. AHCC is believed to promote immunity by optimizing NK function and activity of T cells and macrophages.
Ai/E10® Refined Lacteal Complex (from Whey):
Ai/E10 supplies uniquely created reactive immune communication molecules that fine-tune immune signaling and support the modulation of both innate and adaptive immunity. Ai/E10 also optimizes the immune cascade and supports synthesis of additional immune communication molecules.
A privately managed dairy herd whose milk is used exclusively for the production of Ai/E10 receives infusions of common antigens using patented processes; this stimulates the natural production of a fully array of molecules reactive to these infused antigens that can be used as an agent to modulate immune response. Scientific amino acid sequencing at Tufts University and Gel Electrophoresis at Tiburon Labs have confirmed the presence and characteristics of more than 60 important peptides and other molecules in naturally occurring ratios in Ai/E10. The importance of these molecules to cytokine signaling, immune communication and memory is the subject of hundreds of published, peer-reviewed studies.
- Human volunteers were evaluated in a randomized, placebo-controlled study that investigated how AHCC might influence immune function. Subjects received placebo or 3 g of AHCC daily over the course of 4 weeks. At study’s end, AHCC intake was found to be associated with a significantly higher numbers of dendritic cells (DCs) and increased function of DC1s, which play an important role in immune function.
- Human subjects participated in a placebo-controlled study in which half the people received 200 mg of Ai/E10. 3 times daily for 15 days. At study’s end, 70% of those taking Ai/E10. experienced a significant increase in 3 major immune markers: Natural Killer (NK) cells, TNF, and Macrophage activity. These findings led researchers to suggest that Ai/E10 supplies cytokines, peptides and other molecules associated with immune function, and may enhance leukocyte activities – thereby helping maintain the immune’s system’s protective activities.
- Aviles, H., O’Donnell, P., Sun, B., and Sonnenfeld, G. Active hexose correlated compound (AHCC) enhances resistance to infection in a mouse model of surgical wound infection. Surg.Infect.(Larchmt.) 2006;7(6):527-535.
- Terakawa, N., Matsui, Y., Satoi, S., Yanagimoto, H., Takahashi, K., Yamamoto, T., Yamao, J., Takai, S., Kwon, A. H., and Kamiyama, Y. Immunological effect of active hexose correlated compound (AHCC) in healthy volunteers: a double-blind, placebo-controlled trial. Nutr. Cancer 2008;60(5):643-651.
- Kasid A et al Effects of transforming growth factor-beta on human lymphokine-activated killer cell precursors. Autocrine inhibition of cellular proliferation and differentiation to immune killer cells. Journal of Immunology 141: 690-8 (1988)
- Gudmundsson GH, Agerberth B. J Immunol Methods 1999 Dec 17;232(1-2):45-54 Neutrophil antibacterial peptides, multifunctional effector molecules in the mammalian immune system. Goetzl EJ et al Generation and recognition of vasoactive intestinal peptide by cells of the immune system. Annals of the New York Academy of Science 594: 34-44 (1990);
- Ottaway CA Vasoactive intestinal peptide as a modulator of lymphocytes and immune function. Annals of the New York Academy of Science 527: 486-500 (1988)
- An Examination of Immune Response Modulation in Humans by Ai/ E... Utilizing a Double Blind Study. Immune Consultants, Inc., Tucson, Arizona, January 2001
Serving Size:1 capsule Servings Per Container: 60 Amount Per Serving % Daily Value**
Active Hexose Correlated Compound (AHCC®) (proprietary blend of mushroom mycelia extract, candelilla wax, cyclodextrin, microcrystalline cellulose)
500 mg †
Ai/E10® Refined Lacteal Complex [from Whey (Milk)]
50 mg † † Daily Value not established. Other Ingredients:
Vegetable cellulose (capsule) and rice flour.
Milk and trace amounts of wheat.
This product contains NO egg, fish, peanuts, crustacean shellfish (lobster, crab or shrimp), soybeans, tree nuts, corn, gluten, beef, or pork. Contains NO sugar and no artificial sweeteners, flavors, colors, or preservatives.
This product is free of ingredients derived from genetically modified organisms (GMOs).
AHCC® is a registered trademark of Amino Up Chemical Co Sapporo, Japan. Ai/E10® is a registered trademark of Quantum Research, Inc.